KEYWORDS IN JOOMEO
Are you familiar with our keyword system? Here’s a little feature on keywords to refresh your memory, or introduce you to the subject.
IMPORT KEYWORDS (OR TAGS) FOR YOUR IMAGES INTO JOOMEO
The keywords you add to your images using photo processing software such as Lightroom or Photoshop can be retained in Joomeo. This will prove very useful when searching your albums using the search engine.
In order to save your photos’ keywords in your Joomeo space, you simply need to check the option ”import IPTC data keywords” in the “Import” section of your account preferences.
ADDING KEYWORDS TO YOUR IMAGES
You must use our keyword manager when you want to add keywords to your images on Joomeo. This can be accessed via the “TOOLS” menu or by clicking the “TAG” button at the bottom right of your Joomeo window.
With the keyword manager open, here’s how to create a new keyword and add it to a photo or a video, or to all the photos and videos in an album in one go.
CREATING A KEYWORD AND ADDING IT TO A PHOTO OR AN ALBUM
Drag a keyword onto an album to add it to every file contained in the album.
Keywords added in this way will not be attached to the album but to the individual files themselves. This means they will also be attached to any other instances of the same image(s) contained in other albums.
IMPORTANT: Keywords added to files in Joomeo are not added to the source file itself. They will not appear in the IPTC data of the photos and videos you retrieve from your Joomeo space.
ACCESS ALL A FILE’S KEYWORDS VIA ITS PROPERTIES PANEL
The properties panel displays all the information associated with the selected file.
- In the heading you will find the filename of your photo, its weight in byte and the preview of the photo.
- General allows you set a note to your photo (useful when you search in your photos), indicate the shooting date, the uploading date and who has uploaded the photo into your space (you or the name of a contact).
- Legend lets you view and edit the photo caption.
- Keywords lets you view and delete keywords of the photo.
- EXIF allows you access to a EXIF data set of the photo.