ANDROID PHONE AND TABLET APPLICATIONS
AN EVEN MORE POWERFUL WAY TO MANAGE YOUR JOOMEO SPACE DIRECTLY FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE OR TABLET!
We have been working hard to provide you with even more freedom in your Joomeo space on your Android phones
There is a long list of improvements; we’ll tell you all about them here:
ENJOY PHOTOS AND VIDEOS STORED IN YOUR JOOMEO SPACE ON YOUR TV!
Our new Android application is compatible with chromecast. You can now view your media directly on your television from your smartphone or your tablet… a real pleasure!
SHARE MORE EASILY WITH CONTACT GROUPS
Requiring just a simple drag and drop, a contact group is one of the best ways to share one or more albums with a large number of contacts in one go!
CREATE A CONTACT GROUP
To create a contact group, select “MANAGE MY CONTACTS” from the “SHARE” menu
In the contacts book which then opens up, click the “ADD” button, then click on “Add a new contact group”.
Choose a name for your contact group, then select the contacts you wish to group together one at a time, adding them by clicking the arrow with a “+” symbol next to it. Click “Apply” to create your group.
SHARING USING CONTACT GROUPS
Once your group has been created, you can then share albums or folder contents by simply dragging the contact group onto the item to be shared.
A contact group does not have its own permissions. It simply lets you share albums with several contacts and alert them in a single operation.
This means that:
1 – when you add a new contact to the group, the new contact does not inherit previous shares.
2 – each contact keeps their own individual permissions for the albums shared.
When you drag a contact or contact group onto a folder, you do not share the folder but the albums it contains (and those in any subfolders).
Therefore, if you remove an album from a folder to which you’ve previously dragged a contact or contact group, the share permissions will not be removed and your contacts will still have access to the album.
* The Joomeo photo and video storage and sharing service is available 24*7 in the entire world, however the photo products are only available in the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Holland, Spain, United Kingdom.
USE THE JOOMEO DOWNLOADER TO EASILY TRANSFER YOUR FILES FROM YOUR JOOMEO SPACE TO YOUR COMPUTER
WE CREATED THE JOOMEO DOWNLOADER TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER. LET’S LOOK AT HOW TO USE IT.
- Log in to the desired Joomeo space and select an album, a group of photos, or a file that is larger than 100MB.
- Start the download (transfer of file(s) from the Joomeo space to the computer)
with the “ ACTION” button of the album, the selection, or the file.
- In the window that pops up, select the option “Use the Joomeo Downloader application” and then click on “CONTINUE”.
- You will then need to choose whether to install or run the application:
If you have already installed the Joomeo Downloader, choose “START”.
Otherwise, install the application
À At the end of the process, go back to the “Use the Joomeo Downloader” window
in Joomeo and click on “CONTINUE”.
- Choose a destination folder for the files you want to download to your computer and confirm.
That’s it, Joomeo Downloader has started your download.
THIS IS WHAT THE JOOMEO DOWNLOADER IN ACTION LOOKS LIKE:
UNDERSTANDING HOW TO MANAGE YOUR DOWNLOADS WITH JOOMEO DOWNLOADER
JOOMEO DOWNLOADER’S ICONS
||The download is in progress
||The download has been stopped by the user
||The download has finished
||There are problems with the download and some files were not transferred to your computer
JOOMEO DOWNLOADER’S BUTTONS
Now it’s your turn! And remember:
- The use of Joomeo Downloader is only obligatory when downloading more than 1 GB of data in one go (whether an album, a selection of several files, or one individual file).
- For downloads of individual files of less than 100 MB, you must use the download manager, our entirely web-based and installation-free tool.
- When downloading a single file of more than 100 MB, or a group of files amounting to less than 1 GB in total, you can choose to use either of the two download methods.
JOOMEO DOWNLOADER, THE NEW DOWNLOADING TOOL
You may have noticed that we have provided you with several tools to make things easier for you on Joomeo on our new “Applications and tools” page.
Joomeo Downloader is the latest arrival!
JOOMEO DOWNLOADER… WHAT IS IT EXACTLY?
Joomeo Downloader is a small, autonomous application that is secure and perfectly compatible with all operating systems (PC / Mac / Linux). It handles all the downloads you start from within your Joomeo space. It allows you to manage them however you want, even if you close your browser or your Joomeo space.
Joomeo Downloader saves you time and lets you be in charge of your downloads:
- No zip files: retrieve the files in the same format in which you put them in your Joomeo space.
- Pause or cancel all or part of the current download queue.
- Restart downloads that had errors or were interrupted.
- Precise visualization of your downloads’ progression by album or by file.
With Joomeo Downloader Joomeo is always faster and easier! For more information, click here..
What does this message mean?
As a Mac user, you can get an error like this one during the installation of the Joomeo Downmloader.
Don’t worry ! Our application is totally safe and it won’t create any trouble on your computer.
Follow the instructions below to reject the alerts and take full advantage of Joomeo:
1 – Launch System Preferences from the Apple menu
2 – Click on the selected buttons as outlined below
MORE FLUIDITY IN DISPLAYING YOUR FILES IN THEIR NATIVE FORMAT
Joomeo’s developers worked hard to offer you an entirely redesigned previewing system for your RAW files, and they did it!
It’s very simple. With this update:
- Most RAW files currently available on the market are accepted by our platform
- File processing time is greatly reduced, which reduces transfer time
Joomeo’s RAW file evolution is an important step that makes it even easier for you to store your photos and organize your media library!
*Please note: only images published after this change has taken place are affected. Thank you for your understanding.
VIDEO IS FRONT AND CENTER
Many of you asked about it, and now it’s a reality: with iPhoto or Lightroom, you can now use your favorite image management program to publish your videos directly in your Joomeo space.
DOWNLOAD YOUR PLUGIN HERE:
Aperture users, click here!
(Importing videos is not yet possible with Aperture)